Friday, September 26, 2008

Update on web project

Just spent the last few weeks absorbing all there is to know about theory and practice of
  • planning a database, data access layer and business layer
  • security concerns in areas of web access, user accounts and admin roles
in an ASP.NET IDE.

Now establishing a live test site to begin building the working DB model. I am backing up the live site before I create a live test site in a subdirectory of the root dir. Ideally, I would see about a test server, but I am looking to turn this around quickly, so I'm going to kick out the jams in a subdirectory instead.

Next up, restricting access to the live database-linked forms and providing a layer of validation. Also, working with binary files, as images will be a large part of the site.

No comments: