Monday, April 6, 2009

SQL Schema Backups

I've got plenty of ebooks, some of which I've looked over, some not so much.

In general, due to over-verbosity, ebooks are a next-to-last ditch effort. I consult the ebook when the following has failed (usually in this order):
  • Relying on past experience
  • Googling for answers
  • Regoogling with site-specific filters and phrases
  • Trying bundled help files of application in question
  • Forums
  • Possibly contacting a help desk via online chat window
Finally...the ebook. If an issue gets to this point, I'm up the creek.

Problem with forums is, they're often vague and fragmentary. I'm not knocking - just looking for a little more meat on the bone.

The best answers are brief and demonstrative with plenty of screenshots. Bonus points if the writer is being engulfed by a green jellyfish.

No comments: