Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Eclipse IDE with Aptana

I had recently set up Aptana on Eclipse to test out HTML5/JS/CSS/PHP integrated development. Among the options:
  • WTP
  • Aptana Stand-alone
  • Aptana Plug in
  • JSEclipse
I have tested them all, starting with Aptana. At the time, the plug-in server they offer was down, so I moved on. The other options were found lacking in particulars previously detailed. Now the plug-in service is back online, so I revisited it. The verdict: In hindsight, I'm glad it was down so I could see what other options are available. Now that it is working, I can thoroughly endorse this solution. Here's why:

Full AC functionality:


Enable third-party js libraries:


Predictive incorporation of project libraries:

Rails, Python, and PHP Debug support:


I will see about PHP frameworks with unit testing next. Ah the comforts of a comprehensive IDE.

No comments: